Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Passenger Seat

"I roll the window down
And then begin to breathe in
The darkest country road
And the strong scent of evergreen[...]
With my feet on the [gas]
The world doesn't matter..."

-Death Cab for Cutie

Okay so I changed the words a little. The lyrics are actually "with my feet on the dash" but since I'm never actually in the passenger seat, my feet don't often rest on the dash. Regardless, today as I was driving home from work from out in Tooele, I couldn't help thinking of these lyrics as I drove with my window down for the first time in MONTHS. Today was beautiful, I got off work early, and life is downright fabulous. It's far from perfect, but why dwell on the downs when you feel so up?

1 comment:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Love Death Cab.
Love that song.
Love your attitude!