Monday, February 25, 2008

Out of Shape!!!


Some of you might have noticed that I'm chubby. Lol this has always been the case, but it's getting OUT OF CONTROL. A lot of people around me have started diets and workouts and it's like, I know I should but just can't. I love food and don't feel like starving myself, and I hate sitting on a stationary bike staring straight ahead or even walking the track because it's mundane. I don't feel motivated to get in my car and drive to the fitness center just to be bored AND sweaty. My mom has these walking tapes she just does in her room, but again--boring.


So I got to thinking...In high school, I avoided becoming entirely huge because I danced and cheered. I can't really run out and join up with an overweight amateur cheerleading squad, so I started some ebay browsing and bought some aerobic dance videos. The first one came today, so I just put it in. I loved it! There's a warm up and isolations exercise and then the actual dance that I did tonight was only 15 minutes long. I sweat like a pig the whole time, but I had so much fun with it! Maybe I'll actually stick with this! I think I'll add a log on my page or something to keep track of how often I do what. That way I'll be somewhat accountable.

Yay!




6 comments:

lori said...

way to go, girl! And talk about lack of motivation! Story of my life! Glad you found something fun! I've got to too!

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Yeah, I despise the gym at exercise machines...
They're are so, so boring.

I also don't work out at home. When I'm at home, there are other things I'd rather be doing.

I like to dance because it doesn't feel like a workout. I think I need to find a dance class to take again.

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Also, I love the website sparkpeople.com
I lost about 15 pounds last summer by following my plan on there.
I haven't gotten on there in a long time, but I still have a profile on there I believe.

jess said...

It's always best to do something you like or you'll dread it. It's also good to talk to people about it or do it with someone so that you almost have to report to someone so you'll keep with it.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

"I can't really run out and join up with an overweight amateur cheerleading squad" I laughed out loud at the library when I read this! You are an idiot!

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Regarding jessica's comment: Thanks Fitness Coach!