Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hello, Autumn

Can you believe the weather change over the last few days? I know it's supposed to get warm again or whatever, but I've liked the shift. Sunday night's rain was INCREDIBLE. But more on that later.

This last week I started a new job--sort of. I'm still working at the bank, but rather than traveling to different branches each day, I'm just at one branch. The change has been both good and bad. I love the people I work with, and the clients that come in are really fun. But it's been an adjustment working full time again. I haven't worked more than 20 hours a week since the summer of 2006. Well, more than 20 hours at one job anyway. My feet hurt at the end of the day and I feel like by the time I get home I don't have time to do anything. I know that's ridiculous since every normal person gets home at about the same time, but I just haven't reworked my routine yet.

With the start of the school year last week, I was able to get back to cheer practices. With as busy as my August was, I hardly spent any time with them and it was nice to be back. It was also nice to make it to last Tuesday's YW mutual activity. Between finals and traveling I had missed a few weeks of church and mutual. It was so fun to see my beehives again.

Wednesday I went with my older sister to a Pampered Chef party. That was a new experience for me. I felt very adult.

Friday was the awesome Cyprus vs. Kearns football game. While Cyprus is my Alma Mater, I feel very connected to Kearns since beginning coaching there. So I told my family ahead of time that I was planning to cheer for Kearns. Good thing, because I chose a winner! Kearns beat Cyprus 22-0, despite an awesome second quarter fight. Good game.

Speaking of good games, Saturday was the kick-off of real football! Both of my teams (Penn State and BYU) won, and even Utah pulled out a win against Michigan, which will help prove BYU's status when we beat Utah :)

Also, this weekend my Aunt and Uncle came down from Wyoming to visit. That was a blast! They were at the house when we got an awesome storm on Sunday night. When you sat in our new addition (it has an aluminum roof) the rain sounded incredible. I left to watch a movie with Ash and I guess right after that, the power went out and stayed out until late Monday morning. In all the powerless mayhem, we got news that Matt needed to have an appendectomy. It was sad thinking of him by himself in Iowa handling all of that, but I know that it was probably a good experience to help him realize his independence. Still, it's too bad that had to be the way he realized that independence.

We were able to spend Monday in Wendover, and just enjoy spending some time with our Aunt and Uncle, since we only get to see them every year or so. It was a great Holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Adiel said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Poor Matty though! That would be scary!