Monday, August 25, 2008

Saying Goodbye


After a week of fun and memories, it was finally time for us to say goodbye to Matt. We went to his student branch on Sunday morning and then kind of just hung out until it was time to leave for the airport. It was really hard to say goodbye for several reasons, different for each of us I'm sure. For me, I'm mainly being selfish. Since January when I moved back in with my parents, Matt has been the sibling I've seen and talked to most often. The older we get, the less distance the four years between us seems to occupy.

I want to wish Matt good luck. I'm sure he got sick of all of the advice I gave him about college, and I know he will do such a better job at the school part of school that I ever did. But this doesn't cover how happy I am that he's pursuing his dreams with both the Army and wrestling. And while it's too much to bear thinking about the whole 7 years that Matt will spend in college (red shirt, mission, 4 years of school), looking at it day by day is really rather exciting. He has such great things ahead of him.

We love ya, Matt.

2 comments:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Aw! You guys are so cute!
I can't get over how much I love your hair that color Wendy. We'll be IHTs again before you know it!

lori said...

How exciting! And how hard, I'm sure! Hope he has a great time! Love the picture of you two!