Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ames or Bust!: Wyoming Chapter

After the festivities surrounding graduation were over, I packed up and Saturday morning Matt and I left for Iowa (where he starts school next week). I've always wanted to do a road trip, so I was excited for the 16 hours in the car. Matt started off the drive and in what seemed like no time, we were in Wyoming...


I know the picture is a bit small, but it's kind of hard to judge distance while thinking of shutter speeds and going 75mph. I was excited you could even see the little cowboy. :) Anyway, Matt kept driving for awhile into Wyoming and then we decided to switch.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I had been driving for SEVEN miles when I sa
w flashing red and blue lights behind me. I had been so good about not speeding (which is a feat for me, to say the least) but forgot to change lanes for a stopped emergency vehicle, resulting in a $100 fine and a tense fifteen minutes after the ticket was issued when I tried to get back into a good mood. I hate cops, and the fact that I got a ticket for something OTHER than speeding grates on my nerves. I speed every day of my life and the first time I'm good about the posted speed, I'm slapped with a fine. To make matters worse, not ten miles down the road there was a huge posted sign reading, "State Law: Slow down, move over for stopped emergency vehicles." That reminder would have been helpful a little earlier :)

Anyway, eventually my good spirits returned and despite a little rain, we decided to take a detour when we saw a sign for a Lincoln Monument. I didn't know what to expect but thought this was cute.

2 comments:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Ah, sorry about that ticket. That really stinks!

Jen said...

WY cops are the worst! Ask Heath...