Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wendy's Weekend

I ended up filling up my weekend quite a bit. I started off as soon as I got off work on Friday night. I think I'd venture to say that my dad, Jen, and I are the only real BYU fans left in the family. We've known for awhile about the firesides that the team hosts the night before games, and since this week's was in Salt Lake, we decided to make an evening out of it, stopping first to get some delicious Philly Cheesesteaks from Moochies. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. The fireside was neat, including a musical number from about 40 members of the team.

Saturday morning I woke up (early for me) for a 9 o'clock breakfast with our YW presidency. It was fun for us just to go and get to know each other a little bit better by just relaxing and making conversation that didn't revolve around 12-18 year old girls.

Directly after breakfast I left for a directors' meeting. I'm going to be choreographing for a local production of Once Upon a Mattress, and we had to organize some dates. It got me really excited, because I've never choreographed something like this before.

Penn State's win Saturday pretty much clinched their spot in the Rose Bowl this year. We are!

Unfortunately, the Rivalry Game was a bit of a let-down, as any of you who watched it will know.

My sour mood from the game was soon set aside when I went with my sisters to see Twilight. I'm convinced that if you don't expect anything from the show, you'll really enjoy it.

Sunday after my FOURTH TIME speaking in a Sacrament Meeting this year (part of some speaking circuit the Stake Presidency's families have to participate in), I got myself ready for 24: Redemption, a 2 hour event to bridge the gap between seasons 6 and 7 of the show. I cannot even begin to tell you how ready I am for January 11th.

Today Matt came home from school for the Thanksgiving holiday, and so our whole family was able to get together at Jen's house to celebrate my nephew's 9th birthday. It is so nice to have Matt home!

1 comment:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Wow, busy weekend you busy woman!

I completely agree with you about Twilight.