Monday, November 10, 2008

iTunes it is!

I'm a fan of iTunes. I always have been. I can often spend much more money than I'd originally planned just clicking on "Buy Song" next to anything that sounds good. $0.99 is just so cheap for music! But since iTunes was released, I've only used it to buy one or two songs by an artist at a time. I've always been addicted to buying cd's, and if I want an entire album, I almost always spend the extra few dollars to buy it from Walmart or F.Y.E. Yes that's right--in 2008, I still enjoy a good hard copy of my music, even though it's immediately imported into iTunes.

But I think I've changed my mind about that practice. Tonight in an attempt to prepare for tomorrow's Christmas CD-making festivities, Jamie and I went to Borders to make use of a 40% off coupon I had. Unfortunately, all the Christmas CD's that caught my eye were on sale, so my coupon couldn't be used. But I was okay with that, being super psyched about the music I'd found. As soon as I got home, I ripped open the packaging to start importing my Celtic Woman Christmas CD. You see, I thought it was the Celtic Woman group whom I love. It was not. I was confused by the use of the EXACT SAME NAME (I do not believe that was a mere accident; I think it was intentional and deceitful), and I was so disappointed to hear some rather pathetic singing as iTunes imported the "off-brand" cd :( Faith Hill and Trans-Siberian Orchestra provided some consolation, but I think I see the wisdom in buying full cd's off of iTunes. At least you know 30 seconds of each song you're getting into.

So...thanks, Apple. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Not only that, but if you want to burn a hard copy of your CD you purchased on iTunes, you can—which is a good idea for backup purposes anyway. It's the best of both worlds. :o)