Friday, November 14, 2008

Freaked out

I didn't include this in my weekly update, but I found it appropriate to mention tonight. On Tuesday night after YW, I got home when my dad was still at his church meetings. I walked downstairs to my bedroom, but when I tried to turn on my light all of the power in that half of the basement just went out. We have some odd wiring in our house--always have--so I didn't think much of it. I figured I needed to go flip the switch on the circuit breaker outside. I did that, but nothing changed. So I tried unplugging things, did the breaker thing again...nothing. It was just strange because that had never happened before. Well with the power out I started to scare myself. Then Bella, my dalmation, started acting really weird which only further freaked me out. I decided in order to stay sane I needed to just lay down on the couch upstairs (where there was light) and wait for my dad to come home. Yes, I know I sound like a five year-old, but that's how I felt. Oddly, the power just came back on all by itself the next day, and we still don't know what the problem was.


Then today when I got home from work, I was met by an odd sight. Sonny, my other dog, was just standing in the driveway looking at me as I pulled in. I immediately racked my brain for a reason he would have been outside, and I couldn't come up with any. I quickly got out of my car and called for him to follow me inside but stopped as I saw my side door wide open. I almost refused to go inside, but I made myself brave and checked everything out. It seemed like everything was in order, and my confidence was supported by the knowledge that Tyson was on his way over lol. Needless to say, the odd occurrences freak me out when I find myself home alone.

1 comment:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel and I don't blame you for freaking out at all.