Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day Thirteen

Dear person-who-shall-remain-nameless,

I watched an episode of Criminal Minds last night, and a brief interchange at the end of the show made me think of you. Agent Rossi is talking to Agent Seaver about her dad. Seaver says, "It feels like he's winning if I don't hate him." And Rossi replies something like, "There is no winning. Just living and moving forward." Anyone reading this that knows who you are would agree: it's far past time for me to move forward. And I'm trying. In a round-about way, you're the reason I work so hard to make a name for myself at my job and the reason I did so well on the LSAT. I put my dreams on hold long enough for you, and it's been liberating to remember my potential and what I want to do with my life.

So, thanks for breaking me. I know it's taken a pathetically long time to create, but I like the replacement version of myself much better.

Peace Out,
Wendy

No comments: