Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Looking for a Straight Answer

I've used the same kind of straightener for about 3 years now. It's a Chi damp-to-dry, and while I never use it with my hair damp, I love it. It works great and I have no complaints. When I was in Omaha I noticed my hair wasn't straightening. It was also very humid that weekend, so I assumed the two went hand-in-hand. However, I got home and it still wasn't working. The iron heats to 200° Celcius, but each time I run it down a section of hair it will drop a few degrees. I'm not surprised that my Chi is broken, because I've had this particular one for about 17 months, which is the longest I've ever kept a Chi working. Unfortunately, it didn't die in the first year like they usually do so it's no longer under warranty.
So here's the question. I don't think I want to buy another damp-to-dry straightener. It costs more and I don't use the additional function. I had been thinking about just getting a regular Chi.
I posed the question on Facebook and a friend said to forget about the Chi and go with a GHD.


I was inclined to go with her suggestion, but just to double check, I posted a poll on Kaboodle. Everyone there is telling me to stick with the Chi. Now I don't know what to do, and in the meantime my hair remains in a ponytail.

I'd love to hear your opinion or any advice you have concerning straighteners you've tried. You can click on the pictures to read the reviews of each straightener I mentioned.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I saw your poll on Kaboodle. Made me do this ----> :)

Unknown said...

I have just about zero advice on this topic, but this blog I've been looking at recently said this about products that she uses. She once used a chi, but now swears by her new little straightener.

Good luck!

Rosalee said...

I've never used a chi, but it seems to me if the things dies within a year it isn't worth all the money you spend on it. I've had the same $15 straightener for the past 6 years. I don't know if that same one would work on your hair, I know we have different hair types. I guess I just don't get all the hype about really expensive straighteners that seem to die pretty quickly.

Sophie and Morgan said...

I hate to be this way but Holy Cow! Straighteners cost that much! I know I've been a little out of the loop on the whole hair thing...

I have no opinion though and am planning on cutting my hair in the next year or so anyways...but good luck!