Sunday, June 14, 2009

All around me...Change

For everything you have missed,
you have gained something else,
and for everything you gain,
you lose something else.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feels like I'm learning the truth of Emerson's words lately. It's like my life is teetering on this careful balance of loss and gain and it's the only thing keeping me from going off the deep end. You all know about the end of my time coaching, which is sad but I've pretty much moved on--mainly because I've been forced to. Before I could really notice the free time created by no longer coaching, I was thrown full-force into rehearsals for the musical. It's only been a week, but I can see that the next two months are going to be insane. My schedule is basically straight from work to rehearsal Monday-Thursday. Despite my lack of sleep and increased driving time, I'm really enjoying myself so far.

Another major loss/gain situation in my life happened this last week as well. Adiel had a great opportunity enter her life and took off for California on Monday. For the last 15 months Adiel and I have gone through a lot together. I wasn't quite sure how I'd deal with the adjustment of not seeing her everyday. My answer came this Thursday when I became an aunt for the 7th wonderful time. Since Jess moved, I've noticed that it takes a lot more time to be the aunt I want to be when not all of my nieces and nephews are living under the same roof. However, the reward is well worth the time spent.

I know I'm not fully saying everything I mean, but I guess my point is just that life has a way of working itself out. That's a lesson I seem to learn over and over again.

1 comment:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I love you Wendy! Miss you like mad!