Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wild Weekend

So I already told you about our crazy Idol experience. My Friday was also spent seeing What Happens in Vegas with Jessica, which is SO GOOD. I loved it. Then Friday night, of course, our boys beat the Lakers here at home. I didn't have much free time Friday, and Saturday was no different.

For my nephew's birthday, my sister and brother-in-law took my nephew to the Zoo. They were gracious enough to invite me, and we had a blast. My nephew was a total ball of energy! He took the map of the zoo (by which he could actually navigate) and led us through the entire park. We three adults struggled to keep up!

After the zoo, I went with my sister, brother-in-law, and brother-in-law's family to a Cowboy Poetry reading. I sometimes felt lost because of the "cowboy vocabulary" and allusions used, but overall the night was so enjoyable! They had a great musical group and a few Cowboy Poets before the main act...Baxter Black. He's a talented poet, and the whole genre of Cowboy Poetry is just so unique that you have to marvel at his abilities.

After all that fun, I visited at my sister's house for awhile, went for a good long drive to try and clear my mind, and then got home about an hour ago. Since then I've just been catching up with an old friend and blogging...I should probably get to bed so I don't sleep through Sacrament Meeting in 6 1/2 hours. :)
What a beautifully ferocious and winning animal... the cougar :)


Sister and nephew looking at the "Ghost of the Bayou"


In our animal masks at the zoo gift shop


The marmot that became our friend

Baxter Black himself

2 comments:

jess said...

Of course the cougar would be sleeping and be doing nothing! jk

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Oh boy, them are fightin' words Jess! I think I'm gonna step away from this little rivalry spat. ;)