I haven't blogged forever, so rather than try and do posts for everything I've failed to talk about, I'm just going to give you the highlights.
1. My "new" job at work continues to go well. I'm continually getting new duties assigned to my position, which I really like. I enjoy being the one to pick up odd jobs that need done.
2. On October 9th I took the LSAT (again). Last time I took it, in October of 2008, I got a 158. That's not a terrible score, but it's not good enough to get me into law school. So I took it again, this time cracking open a few prep books the week before the test. Despite my efforts, I felt like the test went horribly.
3. Also on October 9th, my family went to the BYU homecoming game against SDSU. The Utah fans behaved themselves, and we had a great time. The win helped :)
4. On October 28th, Dad, David, and I left for Pennsylvania. We had a great time visiting relatives and watching JoePa get his 399th win against Michigan. It was an incredible experience and a great weekend.
5. October 29 brought a pleasant surprise in the form of my LSAT score. I miraculously did much better than I expected. I'm now in the process of applying wherever I think I might have a shot of getting in.
6. November 5 I attended the Mae concert at Avalon Theater. For those of you who don't know, Mae's my favorite band, and this happens to be their farewell tour. I was feeling melancholy prior to the show, knowing it was the last concert. But it ended up being an incredible night. They played for two hours, including a thirty-minute encore. Probably the best concert I've ever been to.
7. I attended my nephew's closing night of Once Upon a Mattress on November 8. I sometimes feel old when I look at my nieces and nephews growing up. But having a nephew play the lead role in a junior high musical is too much. I swear just yesterday I was dancing in Joseph with Jess and Adiel. Regardless, my nephew did such a great job, and I had so much fun seeing him perform.
8. Kate and I are finally getting internet. Through some issues we had with Comcast, they decided to comp our DVR service. So we're going to put the money we save monthly on that toward internet service. The equipment came this last weekend. Now I just have to set it up.
9. I'm going back to school. Not law school, either. Turns out, I was confused on a few course requirements at BYU, and so after two and a half years I'm going back to Provo to finish my degree for real. Classes start January 4. Yikes.
10. It's my favorite week of the year...RIVALRY WEEK! Send me your best jokes (whether you're a BYU or Utah fan--I appreciate them both) and LET'S GO COUGS!