Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sick Day

I'm home sick from work today, so what better way to spend my time than updating my blog?

I've been doing a lot of driving lately. Driving to work, driving to Jen's, my parents', or Jessica's house. I sometimes wonder why I pay rent. :) (I also drive to Ashley's place, but since that's just on the way home from work, I can't really count that as additional driving...)

I had a really great Thanksgiving. Adiel was in town and I got to spend some time with her, which I was so excited about. I got her from the airport Thursday morning and just hung out with her and her family until my mom text me the plan for our dinner.

On my way down to Salt Lake, I stopped by Ashley's in-laws' house where I grabbed some delicious turkey and pie and killed it in Rockband. Okay, so I was on the Easy level basically the whole time. I still had fun. And I really feel like when Nic married into the family, his parents and siblings did as well. They always welcome me in to their home like I'm one of them. As does Adiel's family. One thing that really stuck with me over the holiday is how lucky I am to have so many people I can consider family. I'm not fortunate enough to live in the same state as any of my relatives, and while I miss them and wish I could see them more, I feel like our immediate family has found ways to fill the void, even if only partially.

Mom, Dad, David and I went to Buca di Beppo (I really don't know how that's spelled) in Salt Lake for dinner. Leading up to Thanksgiving I had a really bad attitude about the holiday, because I knew we wouldn't be having a traditional meal, and I wouldn't be spending the day with my whole family. Dinner was surprisingly enjoyable, though. It was quiet and relaxed with nice conversation. I guess you don't realize how comfortable you get with kids being at family dinners until you experience one with just adults. Of course I would have loved the chance to have Thanksgiving with all of my nieces and nephews, but I really liked the alternative as well.

How was your Thanksgiving? Are you ready for the Christmas season? What fun traditions do you have planned? I know I'm looking forward to a month of Sunday Christmas movies, Winder Dairy Scones, the 5400 South light display, and increased quality time with the ones I love most!

1 comment:

Kelli Searle said...

Yay updated blog!!! :) I don't know if you remember me though...if not, oh well! ;)
I LOVE CHRISTMASTIME!!! It's wonderful and I can't get enough! I cannot wait to see you next weekend old friend! Old cause I've known you for a while, not because you yourself are old.