Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Creative Still

So the Holiday Craft Frenzy hasn't ended. Over Thanksgiving, for example, my sisters and I endeavored to make ourselves some scarves. Yes, as in trying to create something you're supposed to wear. Jen insisted it was easy, and in retrospect perhaps it was. But I still hold that I wasn't thoroughly informed as to what I was getting myself into. However, after 150 hours of cutting strings of yarn (that were invariably much too long or much too short) and nearly cursing every 32 seconds, I ended up with a scarf that's not too shabby.

I'm perplexed as to what exactly is the best way to photograph a scarf, though. My first thought was my bed, but the black sheets weren't showing off the black scarf. So I pulled out my white blanket but I still don't know that you get the whole picture. Then I tried to go close up while wearing the scarf and that didn't work well either. I stopped short of wrapping myself completely in the scarf ("I am ashamed at your naked face. I must cover it with my jacket. You are now sexy in your culture.") but hopefully you get the idea.Then, for the YW activity I was in charge of on Tuesday, we made Christmas display plates. All of the young women's turned out better than mine. That's embarrassing.
But I still hold that this season's greatest stroke of creative genius came while Adiel and I were choreographing Tuesday night. The creativity wasn't necessarily displayed in the routine we came up with but rather our process in creating the routine. Allow me to explain. I have always drawn up formations with x's on paper. On Tuesday I wanted so badly to be able to watch the x's move and follow specific x's through the different formations, when suddenly Adiel pulled out a bottle of vitamins. Lol after numbering each, we were able to visualize those formation changes perfectly!


2 comments:

Pj.steph said...

The Office! hehe. That made me giggle. You gotta love it. You're scarf looks lovely and I think the array of pictures as a whole show it off nicely.

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I love The Office reference and I love our choreographing creativity!