Thursday, January 24, 2008

Post Script

Oh! I was going to post about this earlier this week. On Tuesday this old man came into the bank and went to the teller line next to mine. I wasn't with a customer and so he turned to me while the teller processed his transaction and said the following:

"How many Irishmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
Me: "How many?"
"It takes five dontcha know? One to put in the light bulb and four to drink until the room starts turning."

My courtesy laugh seemed to egg him on.

"Do you know what a pit bull is?"
"Yes..."
"How do you tell the difference between a pit bull and an ex-wife?"
"How?"
"Lipstick"

Chuckle, chuckle. Mistake.

"How do you turn a fox into a pit bull?"
"...How?"
"Marry it!"

Slight smile...I didn't know whether to fake feminist offense or offer marriage counselling. Phew, thank Heavens. A customer came to my line. So long, Mr. Skelton.

No comments: