Friday, July 15, 2011

UPDATED: Used Books for Sale

I'm moving halfway across  the country and can't fit all my books. Plus, I'm strapped for cash. The following are books that I'm sort of willing to sell. If you're interested, let me know how much you'll pay (I'm willing to accept just about anything. Just remember...starving student...) and I'll get you the books. If you live in Weber, Davis, Salt Lake, or Utah counties I'm very willing to drive the books to you. If not, we'll work something out. Title links to the Amazon page for the book, so you can see book description, cover (if you're a cliched-ly inappropriate judger like me), and how much you'd pay for a used book there. Pretty much all my books are in good condition.

Email me

AMERICAN HISTORY

Beer and Circus by Murray Sperber (How big-time college sports is crippling undergraduate education)
Confederate Emancipation by Bruce Levine (Southern plans to free and arm slaves during the Civil War)
The Confederate Nation: 1861-1865 by Emory M. Thomas
A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill (The full story of the Salem witch trials)
The Gray and the Black by Robert F.  Durden (The Confederate debate on emancipation)
Lee's Miserables by J. Tracy Power (Life in the army of Northern Virginia...)
The Manly Art by Elliott J. Gorn (Bare-knuckle prize fighting in America)
The Mismeasure of Man by Stephen Jay Gould (The definitive refutation to the argument of The Bell Curve)
Uprooting Racism by Paul Kivel (How white people can work for racial justice)
War and Ruin by Anne J. Bailey (William T. Sherman and the Savannah Campaign)
Women and the Law of Property in Early America by Marylynn Salmon

ASIAN and RUSSIAN HISTORY
The Cloudy Mirror by Stephen W. Durrant
To Destroy You is No Loss by JoAn D. Criddle (The Odyssey of a Cambodian Family)
The Golden Peaches of Samarkand by Edward H. Schafer (A study of T'ang exotics)
Red Scarf Girl by Ji-Li Jiang (A memoir of the Cultural Revolution)
Revolutionary Russia, 1917 by John M. Thompson
Russia in the Twentieth Century by M. K. Dziewanowski (in used condition)
Silence by Shusaku Endo (a novel)

EUROPEAN, NEAR-EAST and MIDDLE EASTERN HISTORY
Charlemagne's Courtier edited by Paul Edward Dutton 
I Saw Ramallah by Mourid Barghouti
Palestine and the Arab-Israeli Conflict by Charles D. Smith
The Roman Empire Divided: 400-700 by John Moorhead

WORLD HISTORY
Imagined Communities by Benedict Anderson

Okay, this is taking a long time and I've only linked to the books in 2 of the 5 stacks on my table :) I'll update and repost periodically. I have several more Russian and American History books, and then I'll make a list of novels as well. Hope you find something you're interested in!

No comments: